Thursday, February 23, 2006

Crumpacker's Halfway House For Dogs.


Y'all remember Annie? She was one of the symptoms of my what-have-you -- a Mexican puppymill dog I bought in my effort to save the world one dog at a time. I found Annie a good home when she proved too much for us to handle, but my drive to be keeper of the life force remains; and I've found the perfect outlet for it. Meet Willis.

Willis has NOT been adopted by my family, but we're going to serve as his foster home. Willis was rescued from being euthanized for a broken leg; he's an eight-month-old Jack Russell terrier mix. He's having expensive surgery, after which he will need a foster home for a few months with someone who will love him and take him for walks. He loves children and other dogs. And we're going to love him, and when he has healed completely he will be placed with a forever home. Probably not us. But that's okay; there will be other dogs to foster, dogs to love for a little while until someone shows up to take them home for good.

Because this is something I can give. We have two of everything: two dishes, two crates, two leashes. And if I can make a difference in the lives of a few lucky dogs saved from death or abuse by Critter Crossings rescue down in Fallbrook, then I will have made a little difference in my little corner of the world. And that makes me happier than words can say.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melany aka Supermom said...

What a wonderful thing to do.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

What you are doing is amazing. How lucky for Willis and his successors. I envy your ability to do such a great thing.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home